In order to register a caravan in Queensland, you will require a roadworthy certificate and a gas certificate if the caravan has any gas fitted to it.

Prior to a caravan being taken onto the road, it must be registered in the state you live in. If you move from one state to another, you will have to register your caravan in the new state. 

There is no need to have more than one state registration if you are travelling with your caravan across states.

If you are purchasing a second hand caravan, use the Queensland Government Van Aware Tool to ensure you are not purchasing a rebirthed van.

While obtaining a roadworthy certificate for a caravan is not inherently complicated, it often requires certain rectifications to meet the certification standards. Given the diverse nature of potential issues, which can vary based on the caravan’s age and condition, we find it more advantageous to conduct all roadworthy and gas certificate assessments on our premises.

It’s worth considering that if a mobile roadworthy company identifies a problem with your caravan, they might fail it since they may lack the capability to perform the necessary rectifications. In such cases, you would then need to engage a repairer to address the issues before requesting a second roadworthy inspection, incurring additional costs.

Book a Gas Certificate/Roadworthy Certificate

    About You

    About Your Vehicle

    Axle Type

    How Did You Hear About Us(Required)

    Tell Us About Any Other Work Needed (Required)

    1. Purchasing a previously unregistered caravan or trailer.

    2. Changing your address and transferring your registration from another state.

    3. Your registration has been inactive for over three months.

    4. You’re looking to sell or purchase a caravan or trailer.

    Is a safety certificate required for my caravan?

    A caravan weighing between 750kg and 3.5 tonnes (ATM) in Queensland requires a safety/roadworthy certificate. A safety certificate is not required for caravans weighing less than 750kg (ATM), however you must complete a Queensland Transport Self Assessment form.

    Is a Gas Compliance Certificate required for my caravan?

    A gas certificate is required in addition to the safety/roadworthy certificate if your caravan has a permanently installed gas supply. This could be a refrigerator, cooktop, or water heater.

    Why Customers Choose Oz Caravan World

    • Professional Friendly Service

    • Affordable & Competitive Pricing

    • We Always Put Safety First

    • Reliable and Dependable

    • We Offer A One Stop Solution For All Your Recreational Vehicle Needs

    • We Assist With Fitout Design

    • We Offer a Selection Centre

    • We Maintain a Log Book for Your Vehicle Free of Charge

    • Wide Range of Innovative Products In Our Retail Store

    • No Long Waiting Periods

    Contact Us

      About You

      About Your Vehicle

      Axle Type

      How Did You Hear About Us(Required)

      Tell Us About Any Other Work Needed (Required)